I am very excited for this new project I have been working on. Not just because the company is an amazing group of women that are super passionate about their natural products and mission, but also because I will be customizing Shopify templates to provide my client with the features and tools they need for their new website.
The new website will be using a new premium Shopify theme and will include major customizations to the product template and theme files. Vey excited to be working on this project!
For e-commerce websites, it is incredibly important that everything is organized in order to have a smooth process. Some tools we are using on this project are:
- Teamviewer – a free video/audio conferencing software that also allows you to share your screen and an option for remote control. Super handy for showing the client your progress and for them to also share their notes during a meeting. Download it for your next meeting.
- Google Drive – sharing documents and content with the client – version control is always great for projects
- Google Sheets – for content audits and 301 redirects
- Dropbox – sharing high-res photography with the clients Dropbox
- Squoosh.app – optimizing web images efficiently – a very important step to ensure speedy page loads. This is a great tool for clients to use too because it is super simple and no downloads required. Go to Squoosh.App.
- Photoshop and Illustrator – photo and graphic editing
- Grid Notebook and Pen – my favourite tool for all projects – sketching out quick wireframes for technical pages that need custom coding and features